At Arch Oncology, we are aiming high to discover and develop new antibody therapeutics to treat patients living with cancer. We are committed to advancing antibodies with best-in-class potential.
Our next-generation anti-CD47 antibodies are highly differentiated, with the potential to improve upon the safety and efficacy profile relative to other agents in this class. Our antibodies work by blocking the “don’t eat me” signal, the standard mechanism of anti-CD47 antibodies. Beyond blocking this signal, our antibodies also directly kill tumor cells. Importantly, our antibodies bind preferentially to tumor cells, instead of to normal cells, and bind even more potently to tumors in their acidic microenvironment (low pH).
Expanding our fight against cancer, we are advancing our lead anti-CD47 antibody AO-176 into clinical development for the treatment of patients with solid tumors.
We are aiming high in our fight against cancer. We are a team of highly experienced and driven professionals who are committed to excellence in all that we do. Our leadership team has successfully developed new drugs before. We know what we need to do to collaborate and execute to get the job done.
If you share this commitment and want to work with a team that is focused on helping patients, come aim high with us and apply.
At Arch Oncology, we have two bases. Our headquarters is in Brisbane, CA, a gateway of biotechnology innovation, and our scientific research laboratory is in St. Louis, MO, home of the Gateway Arch. This position is in Brisbane, CA.
Senior Director, Translational Medicine/Project Team Leadership (PTL)
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Associate Director/Director, Project Management to play a key role in operational management to support the company programs. He/She will work closely with the Project Team Leader and Project Team (Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Business Development, Translational Medicine, CMC, Regulatory and Research) to ensure cross functional alignment and deliverables. The successful candidate will work closely with team members to facilitate project progress, planning and execution, and to bridge internal activities with external expertise where appropriate. The ideal candidate is a team-player who is highly motivated, detail-oriented, can successfully multi-task, understands the broader context and impact of the support that he/she provides and knows how to identify or recognize issues and proactively propose solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING
- Support Program Team Lead with driven strategic planning and execution to manage cross functional activities and timelines
- Command strong project management knowledge within the drug development industry to plan, coordinate and track the progress of cross-functional programs of considerable complexity to help manage and leverage team decisions
- Create and manage cross-functional, integrated project plans, timelines, agendas, resourcing requirements, rolling summaries and other tools required to facilitate planning and coordination of deliverables for the projects
- Actively help to lead the implementation of new processes and/or initiatives designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the company
- Ensure effective and timely communication across functional areas within the project
- Be an active participant and contributor, plan and track functional resources
- Actively identify project issues and develop practical/creative solutions to meet goals and objectives for programs
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Exceptional project management skills, prior hands-on experience from preclinical through clinical development in a small company environment
- Solid working knowledge of project management techniques and concepts as they apply to drug development in a matrix environment
- Experience in areas such as antibody drug development, R&D, clinical development, clinical operations, CMC and regulatory
- Ability to capture technical discussions in the form of meeting minutes, decision points and action items
- Previous significant leadership participation in cross-functional drug development teams and scientific or clinical settings supporting drug development
- Significant cross-functional leadership capabilities, ability to collaborate and influence in a matrix team environment
- Broad operational experience with an understanding of drug development process
- Ability to drive problem solving, decision making and issue resolution
- Confident and respectful when interacting with all levels of management
- Strong ability to stay focused and on-point and to raise problems or challenges in a productive, solution-minded manner
- Energetic, highly organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic and calm under pressure
- Display persistence and resilience to overcome project obstacles and drive project to completion
- Able to deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate creative solutions or options for moving forward
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- BS in a scientific discipline with 8+ years; or MS/PhD with 5+ years of relevant experience in project managment and drug development in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proficient in relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, etc. in addition to general knowledge of shared work environments.
- PMP certification is desirable
Arch Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Please send your CV and cover letter to .